Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Anchorage and travel to Homer, AK

This is downtown Anchorage - we stayed an extra day because "Will" wanted to go to this outdoor Market & Festival!! They had over 300 vendors and wow they had a lot of nice "stuff" and lots of jewelry too!






Ok this I couldn't pass up.  It's called a Piroshki - it's a Russian treat (reminded me of something my Grandma Knox (Mom's Mom) would have made.  It's like a real  little round loaf of bread and inside is hamburger and cheese and they bake it.  We put mustard on it.  This is my half (with two bites gone - Will ate all of his half before I could take a picture) Anyway soooo delicious.  



Here are some of the many pictures we took on our way to Homer, AK.












This is what we see out of our front window at the RV Park.


And these are the mountains behind us - just so beautiful.


And this guy was in the m/h next to us.  Is he unreal or what! Gotta love that face! lol   He's got a brother  but they both won't fit in the window (can you see him in the background) so I didn't get a picture of him. We'll probably see them again over at Seward so hopefully I can get a pic of both.  

No comments:

Post a Comment