Friday, June 24, 2011

Visit to my Mom's and Sis Elizabeth's in Nampa, Idaho


Finally made it to Idaho (June 4th) to visit my Mom and my Sis Elizabeth and her family.  Had a great 2 weeks - we did some shopping, lots of good eating, went on a wine tour, took a tour of Boise and did I say lots of eating!   Also got my Sis hooked on my downfall - big green olives stuffed with delicious bleu cheese! Yummy!

 At the airport in Nampa they have this great little restaurant - "Starvin' Marvin's".  We went there for breakfast several times - from the restaurant you can see the runway and can watch the planes come and go.  They also have a Air Museum which we went to.  We've been to many air museum's but this one was very nice and I know one of us would of spent a week in there reading all the booklets of the personal experiences of the servicemen in the war and the background on all the planes.  Here's a few of those pictures.


This was on the wall in Starvin' Marvin's - some in our group found it humorous! lol






















 
We woke up one morning and this is what we saw in the sky - have never seen clouds like this. 



Then after the rain storm this is what came out - a double rainbow - talk about beautiful .

P.S. We are now looking for that pot of gold!

later  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment